Christmas is a chance to get creative and treat your nearest and dearest to things they wouldn’t buy themselves. When it comes to lifestyle and home gifts, there are so many fabulous things to choose from, so to narrow down your search here is my Christmas gift guide that’ll suit every style.
- The White Company, Cashmere Bed Socks – £36.00 – No Christmas is complete without new socks. These cashmere ones make socks a classy gift and not just a practical one. Available in multiple colours, you can opt for a lovely powder blue, a grey or stick with these pink ones.
- HP Sprocket, Portable Photo Printer – £119.95 – This is the perfect present for any instagram lover. I often print out my pictures because I couldn’t bear to lose all of my digital ones, and this HP Sprocket makes printing super easy.
- This Works, Deep Sleep Pillow Spray – £18.00 – I personally believe everyone needs a The Works, Deep Sleep Pillow Spray next to their bed. This spray genuinely makes me sleep well, and my boyfriend swears by it too. The lavender scent is super relaxing and as a gift, you really can’t go wrong.
- Emma Bridgewater Personalised Mug – £24.95 – Mugs make such good Christmas presents, especially when they’re personalised. I love how chunky the Emma Bridgewater ones are, and you could even fill them with sweets and chocolate to round off the gift.
- Oliver Bonas, Ines Cake Stand – £32.00 – If you’re buying for a keen baker, a cake stand is always a good idea, and if you choose a cute one it’d be perfect for an interior-addict as well. I love the mix of ceramic and wood on this Oliver Bonas one.
- LSA, Paddle Vodka Set – £34.00 – Speaking as a woman in her late twenties (cry!), I personally think this shot set is the perfect balance between civilised dinner party and a boozy night in. They’d be great for any keen host, as they’d be awesome for sorbets too.
- Monica Vinader, Linear Bead Friendship Bracelet – £135.00 – For something a little more luxurious, a nice item of jewellery is always a good bet. Monica Vinader makes the most beautiful pieces so whether you’re looking for a ring, necklace or bracelet you’ll definitely find something. The Linear Bead bracelet is one of my favourites though.
- Oliver Bonas, Medium White Sea Grass Storage Basket – £19.00 – Baskets seem to be really ‘on trend’ at the moment so if you’re buying for a Pinterest obsessed interior fan, this would be an awesome gift. From a practical perspective, these do have unlimited uses so you’re never going to go too far wrong.
- Hema, Vase – £10.00 – I’m so glad I discovered Hema this year. This vase is so cute and again would be great for a homebody who’s into their decor. You can use this for flowers or put a few long fairy light twigs in it for a different look.
- The Little Book of Lykke by Meik Wiking – £4.99 – Last year it was all about Hygge. This year, Meik Wiking is back with Lykke. If someone needs a dose of positivity, this book will teach you all about the things that help make the Danes the happiest country in the world.
- Monsoon, Grapefruit and Vetivert Candle* – £17.00 – I’ve been using this candle for a few weeks now and it smells fabulous – even my boyfriend lights it! Candles can be tricky to buy if you don’t know what scents people like but this is super fresh and fruity so it’s difficult to dislike. The packaging is gorgeous too.
- Oliver Bonas, Rose Quartz Book Ends – £60.00 – If you’re looking for something a little different, these would make a fabulous gift. They’re really unique and would look stunning in anyone’s house. They’re definitely a statement piece but I love them.
- TK Maxx, Soho Living Decorative Throw – £16.99 – Everyone needs a good selection of blankets in their house and TK Maxx are my go-to place to pick up great quality at affordable prices. If you’re feeling generous you could buy this as well as the basket (number 6 in the list) as a cosy winter-ready present bundle.
I hope these have given you some inspiration of what to buy for a house-proud friend or relative. Do let me know which you like in the comments. If you’re after beauty or stationery gift inspiration, I’ve got other gift guides too.
Sincerely, Sarah xx
I dread to think how long I spend looking at beauty products online but at this time of year it’s actually rather handy. Whether you’re struggling with inspiration for your mum, sister, girlfriend or friends, I’ve gathered the best high street beauty gifts that every woman will love.
- Zoeva, Basic Moment Palette – £18.00 – There’s nothing quite like unwrapping a good eyeshadow palette on Christmas Day, and Zoeva are my go-to brand for high quality eyeshadows without breaking the bank. The Basic Moment palette has a great combination of everyday colours so it’s a safe bet but if you want something more glam, try their Cocoa Blend or Rose Golden palettes.
- Nails Inc, ‘Wishes and Kisses’ Nail Varnish Gift Set – £29.00 – Christmas nail varnish sets can be a little hit or miss but this Nails Inc set ticks all the boxes, and the quality of their polish is fab too. The shades in this set are really wearable, and the glittery shade would be perfect for New Year.
- L’Oreal, Read My Lips Christmas Cracker Lip Kits – £7.99 each – I’ve been OBSESSED with L’Oreal lipsticks lately and the beautiful nude shade in this kit (shade 630) is one of my all-time favourites. If you’re buying for a red lip lover, there’s a set for you too. The kits include a matching lip liner as well as the lipstick, which for £7.99 is such good value, and the cracker packaging is adorable.
- Glossier, Cloud Paint Duo – £25.00 – Chances are every beauty addict will be over the moon to find Glossier goodies under the Christmas tree this year. The cloud paints are a fab option as they’re so versatile – you can pop them on your cheeks for a cream blush and use them as lip balm. You get to pick which shades make up the duo so you’ll never be left with a dud colour.
- Being By Sanctuary Spa, Chilli Mango & Tonka Bean Bag – £10.00 – Every woman needs a cute makeup bag to pop in her handbag and the entire Being by Sanctuary bag collection is gorgeous. Each one has a different expression but the mango one is definitely my fave. If you’re looking for a cute present for a friend or a stocking filler, these are not to be missed. If you’re feeling generous, you could always wrap up a few makeup bits and put them inside the bag as an added surprise.
- The Ordinary, Hyaluronic Acid 2% + B5 – £5.90 – There’s no denying that The Ordinary have had an incredible year. They’ve really made a name for themselves as a high quality, affordable skincare brand, and with good reason too. Hyaluronic acid is a universal ingredient so you can’t go wrong with this as a gift – I mean, who doesn’t want youthful, plump and hydrated skin? It’s a fail-safe beauty prezzie.
- Real Techniques, Holiday Eye Set – £16.00 – Real Techniques are by far the best makeup brushes on the high street, so if you’re looking for an amazing gift set, then look no further. Whether you’re buying for someone who’s new to makeup or simply building on a collection, this limited edition set includes all essential face, eyes and lip brushes. For £16.00 this is an absolute steal!
- So…? Sheer Illusion Perfume* – £4.99 – I was reunited with the So…? brand recently and I’m so glad I was. Affordable fragrances aren’t always looked upon as favourably as their higher-end counterparts but the Sheer Illusion perfume is classy with just the right mix of floral and fruity. This is a perfect gift for any fragrance lover and the packaging is beaut. If you’re looking for lovely gifts under a fiver for Secret Santa, the So…? collection is well worth checking out.
- Embryolisse, Lait-Creme Concentre – £13.30 – If you’ve read my blog for a while, you won’t be surprised to find Embryolisse here. You can read my full review here but lets just say, this is the best base for makeup I’ve ever used. It’s a product you don’t realise you need until you try it, so it’s one of those gifts your friends and family will massively thank you for long after Christmas. Trust me!
- The Body Shop, Drops of Youth Liquid Peel – £18.00 – This is another product that may look unassuming but it packs a serious punch. It’s incredible! If you’re after youthful, smooth skin (and come on, who isn’t?) this is a hero product. Regardless of age, this product is another winner for anyone into their skincare.
- Neutrogena, Visibly Clear Light Therapy Mask – £59.99 – Skincare isn’t all about products. Light therapy has proven benefits for anyone prone to acne and breakouts, so Neutrogena deserve serious props for making this treatment so accessible! The Visibly Clear Light Therapy Mask is the first high street version on the market and compared to other higher-end options, this is such good value for money.
- Nugg, Mask Trial Kit – £15.00 – Masks are still having their ‘moment’ in the beauty world and with the cold winter nights drawing in, this trial kit is a fab present for anyone in need of some ‘me time’ and a good pamper. The kit has masks for everything from brightening to nourishing your skin so would suit women and men of all ages.
I hope these picks have helped you tick a few more people off your Christmas list. Let me know which presents you love in the comments below, and which you hope you find under the Christmas tree.
Sincerely, Sarah xx
Shopping for Christmas presents is my favourite part of festive prep so it was a no brainer to bring back my Gift Guide Series. Whoever you’re buying for this year, I hope my picks can help you get in the spirit and ease some stress along the way. To kick off the 2017 series, here are my top gifts for the stationery lovers in your life. Happy shopping!
- StudioSarah, Set of 3 Striped Notebooks – £20.00 – I don’t trust anyone who doesn’t love a brand new, untouched notebook. Seriously, there’s no joy like it (I’m only semi-joking). StudioSarah is a stationery brand I discovered this year and her designs are simply stunning. These gold foiled striped notebooks are pretty and professional so whether you’re buying for a student, a career-woman, or just an organisation-freak, these are a solid choice.
- Kate Spade, New York Initial Dipped Notebook – £16.00 – Personalised stationery is lovely at anytime of the year but especially nice at Christmas. Kate Spade never go wrong with stationery designs and this initial notebook is simple and chic. The dipped bottom is available in a few pastel colours so it’s worth a look even if teal isn’t your colour. These notebooks are a little more substantial so if you’re planning an event, want to get into journalling or like dedicating notebooks to certain purposes, this is an excellent option.
- StudioSarah, ‘Just A Little Note’ Set of 18 Cards – £35.00 – Letter-writing never goes out of fashion, and who doesn’t love receiving post? This StudioSarah note set is stunning and you get 18 in the pack. Writing sets make such lovely gifts for stationery-lovers and you could always get them a nice pen too.
- Quill London, Address book – £32.00 – In a world where Facebook serves are our event diary and so much of our planning is done online, getting a good ‘old-fashioned’ address book is refreshing. All of the Quill London books are beautifully designed so whatever style you’re looking for, they’re at the top of my list.
- Quill London, Scissors – £12.50 – Now I realise not everyone will have a need for fancy scissors but if you’re buying for someone who’s a little crafty, these are stunning. Quill London have again proven that functional items don’t need to be ugly. They make a great instagram prop for bloggers too!
- Papier, Merci Navy Personalised Stationery Set – From £1.09 – Personalised stationery – check. Letter writing – check. Thank you notes make such a lovely, thoughtful touch and with Papier’s personalisation, you can get your own drawn up at a reasonable cost. I love this ‘Merci’ design but they have no shortage of alternative options, so if you’re looking at personalised sets Papier is definitely worth a visit.
- Knot & Bow, 36 Heart Stickers – £3.95 – If you speak to any bullet-journal fans or scrapbookers and they’ll tell you that stickers aren’t just for kids. Knot & Bow have a fabulous stationery collection and their stickers are super cute. Whether you’re buying these as a stocking filler or as a way to spruce up your Christmas gift wrapping, you need to put them in your online basket now.
- Cath Kidston, Wells Rose Tube Pencil Case – £13.00 – Tube pencil cases make excellent gifts for all ages. They’re obviously great for pens and pencils but also as mini makeup bags, storage for makeup brushes and hair accessories. As with all Cath Kidston gifts, this is available in lots of different gorgeous prints but the grey and pink is my favourite.
- Orla Kiely, Magazine File – £15.00 – Nothing spruces up a home filing system like an Orla Kiely file. All of their prints are so bold and colourful, they make a lovely gift. You could put together a little stationery bundle to go with these files to make life admin a little more exciting.
- Papergang Subscription – From £10.95 – Subscription services make such wonderful Christmas gifts because the joy of Christmas gets to last even longer – what’s not to love? Papergang do gorgeous mixed bundles delivered monthly and you can choose how long you’d like to subscribe for.
- The 100-Day Happiness Planner – £20.00 – The Happiness Planner is THE prezzie for anyone partial to journalling and stationery. The format is already drawn up so you can follow the structure instead of having to devise the layout yourself and the planner is all about self-development, so it’s perfect for the new year.
I hope you’ve enjoyed this stationery edit, or at the very least have managed to lust after some stationery items for your own Christmas lists! Let me know your favourite pieces in the comments below, and if I’ve missed any amazing stationery gifts please do pop links in the comments. I’ll be back tomorrow with my high street beauty edit.
Sincerely, Sarah xx