I dread to think how long I spend looking at beauty products online but at this time of year it’s actually rather handy. Whether you’re struggling with inspiration for your mum, sister, girlfriend or friends, I’ve gathered the best high street beauty gifts that every woman will love.
- Zoeva, Basic Moment Palette – £18.00 – There’s nothing quite like unwrapping a good eyeshadow palette on Christmas Day, and Zoeva are my go-to brand for high quality eyeshadows without breaking the bank. The Basic Moment palette has a great combination of everyday colours so it’s a safe bet but if you want something more glam, try their Cocoa Blend or Rose Golden palettes.
- Nails Inc, ‘Wishes and Kisses’ Nail Varnish Gift Set – £29.00 – Christmas nail varnish sets can be a little hit or miss but this Nails Inc set ticks all the boxes, and the quality of their polish is fab too. The shades in this set are really wearable, and the glittery shade would be perfect for New Year.
- L’Oreal, Read My Lips Christmas Cracker Lip Kits – £7.99 each – I’ve been OBSESSED with L’Oreal lipsticks lately and the beautiful nude shade in this kit (shade 630) is one of my all-time favourites. If you’re buying for a red lip lover, there’s a set for you too. The kits include a matching lip liner as well as the lipstick, which for £7.99 is such good value, and the cracker packaging is adorable.
- Glossier, Cloud Paint Duo – £25.00 – Chances are every beauty addict will be over the moon to find Glossier goodies under the Christmas tree this year. The cloud paints are a fab option as they’re so versatile – you can pop them on your cheeks for a cream blush and use them as lip balm. You get to pick which shades make up the duo so you’ll never be left with a dud colour.
- Being By Sanctuary Spa, Chilli Mango & Tonka Bean Bag – £10.00 – Every woman needs a cute makeup bag to pop in her handbag and the entire Being by Sanctuary bag collection is gorgeous. Each one has a different expression but the mango one is definitely my fave. If you’re looking for a cute present for a friend or a stocking filler, these are not to be missed. If you’re feeling generous, you could always wrap up a few makeup bits and put them inside the bag as an added surprise.
- The Ordinary, Hyaluronic Acid 2% + B5 – £5.90 – There’s no denying that The Ordinary have had an incredible year. They’ve really made a name for themselves as a high quality, affordable skincare brand, and with good reason too. Hyaluronic acid is a universal ingredient so you can’t go wrong with this as a gift – I mean, who doesn’t want youthful, plump and hydrated skin? It’s a fail-safe beauty prezzie.
- Real Techniques, Holiday Eye Set – £16.00 – Real Techniques are by far the best makeup brushes on the high street, so if you’re looking for an amazing gift set, then look no further. Whether you’re buying for someone who’s new to makeup or simply building on a collection, this limited edition set includes all essential face, eyes and lip brushes. For £16.00 this is an absolute steal!
- So…? Sheer Illusion Perfume* – £4.99 – I was reunited with the So…? brand recently and I’m so glad I was. Affordable fragrances aren’t always looked upon as favourably as their higher-end counterparts but the Sheer Illusion perfume is classy with just the right mix of floral and fruity. This is a perfect gift for any fragrance lover and the packaging is beaut. If you’re looking for lovely gifts under a fiver for Secret Santa, the So…? collection is well worth checking out.
- Embryolisse, Lait-Creme Concentre – £13.30 – If you’ve read my blog for a while, you won’t be surprised to find Embryolisse here. You can read my full review here but lets just say, this is the best base for makeup I’ve ever used. It’s a product you don’t realise you need until you try it, so it’s one of those gifts your friends and family will massively thank you for long after Christmas. Trust me!
- The Body Shop, Drops of Youth Liquid Peel – £18.00 – This is another product that may look unassuming but it packs a serious punch. It’s incredible! If you’re after youthful, smooth skin (and come on, who isn’t?) this is a hero product. Regardless of age, this product is another winner for anyone into their skincare.
- Neutrogena, Visibly Clear Light Therapy Mask – £59.99 – Skincare isn’t all about products. Light therapy has proven benefits for anyone prone to acne and breakouts, so Neutrogena deserve serious props for making this treatment so accessible! The Visibly Clear Light Therapy Mask is the first high street version on the market and compared to other higher-end options, this is such good value for money.
- Nugg, Mask Trial Kit – £15.00 – Masks are still having their ‘moment’ in the beauty world and with the cold winter nights drawing in, this trial kit is a fab present for anyone in need of some ‘me time’ and a good pamper. The kit has masks for everything from brightening to nourishing your skin so would suit women and men of all ages.
I hope these picks have helped you tick a few more people off your Christmas list. Let me know which presents you love in the comments below, and which you hope you find under the Christmas tree.
Sincerely, Sarah xx